7/15/20 - This is a badge issued to a Nazi Wehrmacht paratrooper in WW2. The Parachutist Badge was first established by order of Hermann Göring on November 5, 1936. It was originally awarded to soldiers of the Luftwaffe after completion of parachute training and the required number of jumps. The badge depicted a diving eagle with a swastika in its claws surrounded by a silver wreath. It was worn over the left breast pocket. An army version was later introduced, with the swastika relocated to the top of the wreath and surmounted by a smaller upright eagle. This particular example is in excellent condition. There a few very small areas where the gold-plating has worn off. It is maker marked "CE Junker Berlin SW 68".