7/2/20 - This gun started out in 1917, during WW1, for the German Army. It was made by DWM. It survived the 1st World War, and stayed in service until the outbreak of WW2. At that time, the Mauser factory was making Lugers for the German (Nazi) Army, so that when the Waffen SS started up they had a hard time procuring arms. It is known that they opted to pick up foreign issued pistols such and the Polish Radom, Browning HP, and also re-worked WW1 guns. This particular gun has the Imperial proofs on the right side, but also TWO Nazi rework marks. These re-worked guns often went to the Waffen SS troops. The numbers are all matching, with the exception of the magazine. This gun has retained about 95% of its original bluing. Most of the wear is on the high edges and on the side plate. There is also some muzzle wear and at the base of the front strap. A few light surface marks here and there. Light pin-pricking on the straps. The bore has great rifling but minor frosting throughout. Magazine is scarce WW2 variation as it's 'fxo/37' marked with unmarked base.